• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

White Bone Looking Stuff Under Some of my Teeth

K

knokout1

So, I'll start with I know my teeth aren't in great shape. I probably have gum disease. I've treated them pretty poorly over the last couple years but have started to take good care of them recently. I've started brushing twice a day and flossing once a day, and already my gums are way less puffy and swollen. My constant bad breath has also gone away. But I've been worried about this weird white spot under a couple of my bottom teeth. it looks and feels like bone, and I can't see any gums under it. One of them even has a small hole in it after I took to it with a flossing brush (or more like I removed a layer of nasty stuff covering the hole) that I picked up recently. It doesn't hurt at all, even when I brush. I can't really afford the dentist right now since I'm a student with no insurance, but if it was something serious enough I would obviously go. I've included a link to the picture.

http://i.imgur.com/m0yxAiF.jpg

I'll start by saying I'm not a dentist. I would say the white spots under a couple of your teeth looks like calculus or tartar buildup which could only be removed with a dental cleanup by a dentist or hygienist. You will eventually want this to get cleaned up because it will continue building up and can only be removed by a dentist or hygienist.

Back