D
dentalfear91
Junior member
- Joined
- Jul 19, 2017
- Messages
- 8
I've recently made the trip back to the dentist after a 10 year absence due to anxiety. I was told I would need 3 fillings. 2 cavitys and 1 slight hole in tooth. I was told that I could have the standard filling at the NHS price or could pay extra to have white fillings.
At the the appointment I said I would go for the white option which are £85 each. I already have white filling from when I was younger and treatment was free and these have lasted fine so far as I say it must of been around 10 years. These are on back teeth. However I've read online that they may not be the better option ?
Does it make much of a difference these days other than cost and cosmetic appearance. Is it just more down to the skill of the dentist doing the procedure that can make them less reliable ? Just want to get the upcoming treatments over with to be honest and hear the words I don't need to see you for another six months !
At the the appointment I said I would go for the white option which are £85 each. I already have white filling from when I was younger and treatment was free and these have lasted fine so far as I say it must of been around 10 years. These are on back teeth. However I've read online that they may not be the better option ?
Does it make much of a difference these days other than cost and cosmetic appearance. Is it just more down to the skill of the dentist doing the procedure that can make them less reliable ? Just want to get the upcoming treatments over with to be honest and hear the words I don't need to see you for another six months !