• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

White film over extraction area, not sure if it is granulation, and when can i begin smoking again?

E

ellylove

White film over extraction area, not sure if it is granulation, and when can i begin smoking again?

I had one of my top molars removed this last Saturday, the 31 of August. It was a simple extraction, without any complications. She just numbed me with Novocain and pulled it out in one piece in less than 10 minutes. It is now the 2nd of September. I have noticed there is a white film over top of the extraction site, and I've heard it could be granulation tissue, but I am not sure if that is what it is. Also, another question I have is, is it okay to smoke cannabis after 48 hours, same as with cigarettes? I have been doing salt water rinses about every 3-4 hours and I rinse every time I eat or get shotgun hits from my boyfriend. I want to be able to smoke on my own though, since I don't get the same effect from shotgun hits. I have posted a picture so you can see what I'm talking about when it comes to the film over top.

Attachments

• Tooth.jpg
    Tooth.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 38
Re: White film over extraction area, not sure if it is granulation, and when can i begin smoking aga

I don't know what the shotgun thing is that you mention but the longer you can go without smoking the better. You are usually safe from dry socket 72 hours after extraction. The tissue probably is granulation tissue, if you are worried ring your dentist and let them have a look.

Re: White film over extraction area, not sure if it is granulation, and when can i begin smoking aga

I don't know what the shotgun thing is that you mention but the longer you can go without smoking the better. You are usually safe from dry socket 72 hours after extraction. The tissue probably is granulation tissue, if you are worried ring your dentist and let them have a look.
Carole, it is when someone takes a hit, then blows it into someone else's mouth to share the hit.

Back