• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

white stuff around 30h after extraction, normal?

R

RaptorZX3

i noticed recently that there's white stuff only about 30h after extraction. i did read about it, but it was after 11 days. I tried to see if i could rinse it off with a few glasses of water and salt, but it didn't. and i didn't even dared to touch it even with my brush.

I did noticed some white-ish stuff inside my cheeks, it was easy to remove with the back of my brush (it have a little textured gentle pad on it).

Recently i've been eating coffee-flavored yogurt, and before that some Alpha-getti. Can this white stuff be caused by the yogurt?

Right now my jaw still hurt, but i think this is normal.

And also, can i brush my teeth with toothpaste without irritating the gum and extraction sites? (i got all 4 removed).

From what I've heard the white film is normal healing tissue.... :)

hopefully it is. Geez after this extraction, getting teeth repaired will be almost like a walk in the park!

erf...the dentist said the last cavity to repair is a small one, i scheduled for Feb.14 for this repair, and then a bit later for the partial denture on March.4th.

Did i mentioned before that i'm getting fed-up of going to the dentist? it's just that i have to, otherwise i wouldn't...so...technically it'll be done with the repairs and needles on Feb.14th.

Yes, you mentioned but as you said ... the worst part is behind you. So glad you had the courage to take care of it. I hope it gets easier for you.

thank you!

Can i actually start brushing my teeth with toothpaste? or just brushing without toothpaste?

I use Sensodyne Pro-namel toothpaste, with a Colgate 360 extra-soft bristled toothbrush. Just making sure...

I think when you are able to do the warm salt water rinses you can brush with toothpaste but I would be gentle.

is some blood in the saliva normal at this state? it's not bleeding a lot, at this point, last time i did the rinses, before doing it, i've let my saliva drip and there was a little bit of blood. But when doing the rinses, it doesn't really show...
remember that my appointment was Wednesday.

I think a little bit of bleeding and oozing is normal but that is a question best answered by your dentist or perhaps one of our dentists here. I brushed my teeth with toothpaste this morning (2nd day) with no problems but I stayed well away from the extraction sites. My post op instructions recommend brushing teeth asap after surgery because its important to keep the mouth clean. Don't rinse too vigorously or spit. Just kind of let it come out without puckering and spitting. Not easy I know.

sorry to revive a previous topic, but there's something i want to know.

I noticed that after a while i didn't do a rinse, there's white stuff around the socket, most notably around the lower left one where it had complications. Now if i do a rinse, it seem to come off...

I don't know the origin of that white stuff, can it be healing tissues? or just something else that's not healing tissues?

I noticed on my instructions that salt water rinses should be done for a whole week, around 3-4 times per day. My dentist told me that if it burn (on the lower left socket), i should use less salt and do less rinses, he said most likely down to 1 rinse per day, because he said it can make the healing process longer.

Now i don't know if i should just stop doing the rinses, and also, i noticed the lower right socket seem to heal a bit faster as i think i can't see the blood clot inside last time i checked, as the gum might have closed around it.

Also, can it be that sleeping on the sides help in closing the gums together during the healing process?

thanks for answering my questions!

Last edited:
Back