• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom Teeth Cavity Fillings

B

bubbletea

I'm getting 2 fillings on my bottom 2 wisdom teeth, and I'm pretty freaked out. My dentist said it's going to be very difficult filling them since they are in the very back. I was just wondering, are there any complications with the fillings? And what happens after the fillings? I'm pretty scared because I don't have very good memories of my past fillings, and I remember the freezing needle being very painful :cry: (I'm 18 years old.)

Filling your wisdom teeth is hard because of how far back in the mouth they are and the difficulty in isolating them. Other than that, they should feel no different than any other filling you've had unless they are real deep and get close to the nerve. Regardless, the shot is necessary so you don't feel the procedure. You should be fine a few days/weeks following the fillings. Hope this helps.

Back