• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom teeth, literary scared out of mind. I know some ppl have no fear but I apparently do

A

Alex_1

Wisdom teeth, literary scared out of mind. I know some ppl have no fear but I apparently do

I was supposed to get my wisdom teeth out 3 1/2 years ago when I was 16. I'm now 19 lol. tbh I was so scared I refused to anything about it, I wouldn't even go for a constellation. But it’s an issue that's not just goanna away. I told myself if one of my friends that I liked did it, I would suck it up and just do it. Well right around the time I told myself that they went to get there's out. I couldn't believe it. So now I have to do it. Funny how things work. This all happened right before I went to Europe to visit friends and family. and it kida ruined my trip because I was so stressed out about it. This all had happened in the past 4 weeks. I know I’ll have to put to sleep and have all 4 taken out. But if there’s anyone out there who has any advice. Or would like to share their story please do. Things have been roller coaster and I'm flat nervous and scared about the whole procedure with a lot conflicting thoughts running around in my head. I plan having them out in mid October or so. I don't really know the step by step procedure either so I'm really new to all this sort of thing. sry for any grammar issues. :(

Re: Wisdom teeth, literary scared out of mind. I know some ppl have no fear but I apparently do

I was supposed to get my wisdom teeth out 3 1/2 years ago when I was 16. I'm now 19 lol. tbh I was so scared I refused to anything about it, I wouldn't even go for a constellation. But it’s an issue that's not just goanna away. I told myself if one of my friends that I liked did it, I would suck it up and just do it. Well right around the time I told myself that they went to get there's out. I couldn't believe it. So now I have to do it. Funny how things work. This all happened right before I went to Europe to visit friends and family. and it kida ruined my trip because I was so stressed out about it. This all had happened in the past 4 weeks. I know I’ll have to put to sleep and have all 4 taken out. But if there’s anyone out there who has any advice. Or would like to share their story please do. Things have been roller coaster and I'm flat nervous and scared about the whole procedure with a lot conflicting thoughts running around in my head. I plan having them out in mid October or so. I don't really know the step by step procedure either so I'm really new to all this sort of thing. sry for any grammar issues. :(

Hi Alex,
there is a whole board here dedicated just to wisdom teeth. you may find it helpful.

I was very afraid to get my wisdom teeth out too. I chose general anesthesia so I can't really say what the procedure was like because I just went to sleep with wisdom teeth and woke up without them.
I am sure you will be fine whether you choose to be put to sleep or just sedated.
Recovery can be a pain but they will give you pain meds and after care instructions for keeping the swelling down. It will be ok and you will be glad to have it over with.

Re: Wisdom teeth, literary scared out of mind. I know some ppl have no fear but I apparently do

Ill def take a look over there. I know I'm going to go fully under and people just say they count to 10 and usually get to 1 or 2 and there out. Then they wake up and feels like min later. Which I hope happens to me. I just have to play the waiting game until it happens. But thank you, just glad I'm not alone.

Ill def take a look over there. I know I'm going to go fully under and people just say they count to 10 and usually get to 1 or 2 and there out. Then they wake up and feels like min later. Which I hope happens to me. I just have to play the waiting game until it happens. But thank you, just glad I'm not alone.

Yes it's exactly like that, one second you are counting backwards and then the next thing you know you are waking up in a recovery area and it seems like no time has passed :)

Back