• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom teeth removal tomorrow morning and I'm terrified.

S

sumravioli

Hi... I get all 4 of my wisdom teeth out tomorrow under GA. I'm 16. I feel like a huge baby but I'm terrified to get an IV, I hate needles more than I hate going to the dentist!

I have pretty bad anxiety and it's been causing me to lose sleep... I'm scared of complications and pain, waking up, etc. I just need some support please... I'm very scared! I've never had an IV or any surgery before.

You’ll be fine. I had the same worries and anxieties. I was double your age due to the fact that I was so scared I put it off that long(Oops!). You have your age going for you. They usually say the younger you are the easier your recovery will be. Good luck!

l had four wisdom teeth removed ten years ago , l was pity afraid before, they put me to sleep during the operation, lt went well , l was expecting there to be lots of pain when l woke up and the days after, but the pain wasn't too bad, not as bad as l expected, after a few week you are as good as new. If your affraid just think its only teeth , its not like having heart surgery

Good luck!

Sumravioli,

How did it go and how are you feeling now? Hope it all went well for you!

I found getting an IV one of the more pleasant experiences I've had with needles. Next thing i was knocked out.

I hope it went well. You're young! You'll be mostly back to normal in 10 days!

Hi hope it went well,bit late now but in future or for anyone reading best advice I can give get them to put the numbing cream on your hand first+tell them to keep the needle out of your sight. it worked last time for me didn't feel/see a thing.

Back