Hi! I was an anxious mess and terrified about mine as well, and would always find new things to worry about. I didn’t go to the dentist for about 20 years and then went finally when I was around 35. The dentist told me my wisdom teeth HAD to come out, that I probably had already damaged the molars in front too, and that they would likely need to come out. I went to see the oral surgeon, and he said the teeth in front were totally fine, and that at my age, we could take the wisdom teeth out, or wait until they became a problem. At that point in time, I had just returned to the dentist after not going for 20 yrs, and just wasn’t ready to jump straight into surgery, so I waited. One of the lowers slowly started to erupt over time and left a space that was perfect for trapping food. I used a tuft toothbrush, and a water pick, but the irritation started to become more frequent over time, and I started to feel constant pressure on teeth further forward. So I scheduled another consultation. The surgeon was again great and did not pressure me like the dentist I was seeing did. (I did find another general dentist by the way.) Anyway, I scheduled the surgery, freaked out and canceled a few weeks before, rescheduled, freaked out and canceled again a few weeks before. Then, rescheduled again and was told if I canceled this one they wouldn’t see me again. The surgeon was so nice and patient, i didn’t want to lose the ability to have my surgery there, so I finally went through with it. And aside from some major digestive upset from taking antibiotics and not eating enough in the days following, it was all a breeze, and I was 41 at that point. Do don’t feel that your age is an issue. Best of luck! I know it is so stressful and scary, but do yourself a favor and do it while you are still young.