• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom Tooth Cyst?

M

mikeelder

I think I have a cyst around my wisdom tooth. It doesnt hurt and it has been there for years. I dont know that it is a cyst but I went to see a dentist. She said it was nothing just tissue around the tooth. Adjacent to this tooth is where I had a molar pulled about 6 years ago. She said that back molar is growing down and I will eventually lose it but that round bubble that feels like either a tumor or cyst is right there by that wisdom tooth. Would that have shown up on the xray of my teeth? Either way I have read too much and now looking for some sound advice.

Mike, I recommend that you ask one of the dentists here that question. I would think that it would show up but you might want to ask a dentist. The think I do know is that you don't want to mess around with a cyst. If there was one you would need to get it seen to. Let us know how it works out.

Thank you for your reply. How would I address this so that the dentists' would be able to read and reply to it?

Back