• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom tooth decay

C

Clouisa

Hi iv been told today that I need my wisdom tooth removed I had a largish filling in the middle of it about 5 years ago...since then nothing was mentioned by any private dentist iv seen. Recently a bit has fallen off it so I went to an nhs dentist they said it's not savable and showed me it's completely decaying...its mostly above the gum but the tooth at the back is not through the gum as much...whats bothering me most is if it completely falls to bits and exposes the nerve I just can't take the shooting pains...im wondering how likely this is to happen..im due next week to have root canal on another tooth is it not possible to do something to at least kill the nerves off in my wisdom tooth ? I'm feeling scared and they said due to covid could be few months wait ..thanks in advance

Phone your dentist, ask them to do the extraction before the root canal work?

Hi they have to referr me to an oral surgeon and that's a 9 month wait unless it's urgent I'm guessing ...

I don't think it's that bad at the moment, depends where you are I suppose.

Back