• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom tooth extraction and nerve damage

O

otinanai

My wisdom tooth hurts and dentist said that it would be better if I take I out, tooth 48 in our metric system.

I had major problems with trauma at the inferior Alveoral nerve on the other side, tooth 37, due to injection and root canal and Gutta percha that got out of the tooth and damaged the nerve.

Due to the pain I have suffered, I am hesitant in removing the wisdom tooth on the right side in case it is very close to the nerve and during extraction, it traumatizes the nerve, too.

I will visit a maxillofacial surgeon specialized on wisdom teeth extractions but I would
like to ask you according to the cbct imaging if you feel that the tooth is touching the nerve and there is the possibility to hurt it. It is quite blurry on the imaging, but the tooth is there!

thank you so much!!!!!

Attachments

• 92C8DB4B-5F8A-459B-AEA7-EBD523B0C0A0.jpeg
    92C8DB4B-5F8A-459B-AEA7-EBD523B0C0A0.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • 4663F098-864A-4D32-9569-EDAB00E94ADD.jpeg
    4663F098-864A-4D32-9569-EDAB00E94ADD.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Looks well clear of the nerve to me, you can never be absolutely certain but that one doesn't worry me much.

Back