• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wish Me Luck

A

AmandaJane

I only found this forum yesterday and it is already proving to be a great help. I have a fear of the dentist and up until now the worst treatment I have needed is a filling. This afternoon, I am having a wisdom tooth out and am dreading it.
I am lucky that I have already found a very good dentist who is very kind and understands my fears.
Any help and advice you can give would be great.

:clover::clover::clover: Hope all goes well :clover::clover::clover:

I hope your appointment went ok. I've had both my upper wisdom teeth out with no problems.

I hope everything went well for you AmandaJane! That is great that you have already found an excellent dentist that you can trust. That is more than half the challenge... everything should be an easy coast downhill from there!

Hope everything went find for your appointment, I'm also dreading my wisdom teeth removal too and would love to hear your successful story. The biggest fear I had are the pain from injections

Thank you to everyone for your support.

Unfortunately, I am not a success story yet! When I got to my appointment I was told that the x-ray showed my left upper wisdom tooth would also need to be removed at some point. I knew there was no way I could go through that twice so my dentist decided the best option was a referral to have both wisdom teeth removed at the same time under sedation. So I am waiting for an appointment for that.

UltimateFear ~ good luck with your appointment. I look forward to reading your success story.

Sounds like a very wise decision. I had all of my wisdom teeth removed at the same time under sedation and I would not have done it any other way! It will be worth the wait. Good luck to you.:clover:

Thank you KitKat, that makes me feel better about the whole thing. I am just waiting for the clinic to contact me to make my appointment.

The waiting is the worse part ( I'm waiting for IV sedation assessment appointment) now the hardest bit was getting the ball rolling in the first place, you are on you way to a healthy mouth Well Done! :whirl: