• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

19 years old with gum pocket, bad anxiety

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
No, it's perfectly possible to wiggle a tooth, especially a lower incisor. They're designed that way to take up some of the "shock" when chewing.
Thought you had an appointment today to get this checked?

E

ek125712

No, it's perfectly possible to wiggle a tooth, especially a lower incisor. They're designed that way to take up some of the "shock" when chewing.
Thought you had an appointment today to get this checked?
Ohhh okay thank you, and no it's on Friday!

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
That's the trouble with being retired, you forget what day it is, no more Monday morning feeling :)

Anyway, don't worry about your gums, you'll be fine.

BTW I do like York, it's a lovely city, especially at this time of year when all the daffodils are out. Do they still do the booze cruise on the Ouse? :) I enjoyed that the last time I was there.

E

ek125712

That's the trouble with being retired, you forget what day it is, no more Monday morning feeling :)

Anyway, don't worry about your gums, you'll be fine.

BTW I do like York, it's a lovely city, especially at this time of year when all the daffodils are out. Do they still do the booze cruise on the Ouse? :) I enjoyed that the last time I was there.
Thank you! Yes it's nice and I think so, although haven't heard much about it this year!

hel3n2299

hel3n2299

Hiya. Mines exactly the same however does not bleed or feel ‘wriggly’ when I floss the whole piece of gum detatches between the teeth- very freaky. My dentist was not worried about this at all. Hope this helps x x

Attachments

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
It's called a split papilla, not a big deal but easy to remove surgically if it bugs you.