• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

2 of 3 tooth extraction done

M

Mona65

Hello, let me share my story. 3 days ago I pulled out 2 of my infected teeth that I had been putting off for so long and they were causing me terrible problems from swelling to sinus infection (I still have one to pull out and hopefully soon) I am probably the most anxious person in the world.When I heard about tooth extraction I refused to go at all, then I did not go for other teeth. I am afraid of needles, anesthetics and new drugs for me (phobia maybe). After a year, maybe 2 delays and continuous taking of antibiotics every 2 months, I decided that I needed to start slowly solving the problem. I had an appointment that I cancelled from fear. A month later I kept a new one and i said to myself "If im not going now I still have to do it someday". I was calm until I went inside the dentist's office, my heart started beating fast, I was terribly scared. I was get local anastomoses I had terrible thoughts about how I would get an allergy, I almost fainted, sharing everything with the dentist. He calmed me down and didn't panic (like someone else I've been to). Then he told me, you have 2 minutes to calming yourself or you get up and leave! : D I told everything i think and ask him a lot of questions and he was so nice and give me answers for everything and then extractions ended in exactly 5 minutes, 2 teeth in 5 minutes! My hands were stiff from fear, I couldn't move my fingers, then everything stop after extractions done (sounds scary, but it's just your fear, nothing more) I'm very glad I pulled out those nasty teeth, now I have another one to pull out I want to remove it soon and have no problems now and then! I'm not so scared anymore! Don't be afraid to do it too! I know it sounds scary and those words won't help you, and they didn't help me when they told me, but it's not scary! For people with fear of needles, it was nothing special for me, he injected me 3 times, 2 times in the palate without putting a tingling gel on me! I am no longer afraid of anesthetics I can say (maybe a little) but nothing to do with before! Now im on healing process. I have a big hole and the pain is 3/10 i dont need any painkillers now. I took only 2 ibuprofen on day one and nothing more. I will share here my story for my second tooth extraction when i do it. If someone have any questions i will be happy to help and answer.

You have to find the right dentist period. Ive been so scared all my life but im glad that you calmed yourself. It is the hardest thing to do.

Yes i know is very very hard and i know how you feel and how scared you are but i promise if you find the right dentist everything will be fine. I know this is hard to if you read my old posts here you will know that i have a very bad experience last time. Very rude dentist and he scared me more

Back