• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

3 months extraction site not healing

A

Awkwardalien

Hi I'm extremely worried I had tooth number 18 removed almost 3 months ago and still no sign of healing it still slightly bleeds and has some draining coming from it (pus) was referred to oral surgeon and had a I&d done about a week ago still having drainage I also have had this salty metalic taste in mouth ever since I got the tooth removed it irritates my tounge and check on the side of the extraction site it is also irritating my throat since I have to constantly swallow this stuff recently my lips and tounge have been randomly swelling any idea what could be going on

Do you have any follow up scheduled with the oral surgeon? You might want to call them, tell them what is going on and ask if it’s what is expected.

Do you have any follow up scheduled with the oral surgeon? You might want to call them, tell them what is going on and ask if it’s what is expected.
Yes i do have a follow up appointment on Thursday but it was doing this same thing before I got the I&d why isn't my extraction site healing what would cause the wound not to heal up

I’m not a dentist, but I would think that if you still have some infection in there it’s not helping the healing. You want to make sure their are no more infection.

Back