• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

3rd Bite Adjustment - Pain??

D

dare2love81

Okay...so I've had an issue with a filling that was placed back in May. I've been back for a few bite adjustments which initially seemed to help. Well, about a week ago, I started getting a "twinge" in the tooth when I'd bite down on it a certain way, and it wasn't excruciating, just noticeable. So I went back to the dentist today, convinced that this new(ish) filling had somehow cracked or was loose. She looked at it, took an X-ray an didn't find anything wrong with the filling, or the tooth, so she checked my bite again and found one spot to be high. So she went to adjust it and a few of the spots she adjusted caused it to "twinge" while she was working on it.

Has anyone else had this?

Also, the "twinge" now occurs whenever I chew on it - but I can bite down just fine, only when I'm chewing food. So my 2nd question is how long after the adjustment does it take before the "twinge" should go away?

I'd appreciate anyone's insight...doesn't have to be a dentist.

I'm at my wits end with this tooth. :cry: I'm ready to tell them just to pull it since it's my second to last lower molar.

you have the symptoms of a cracked tooth. It won't show on a radiograph.

Well it seems to have calmed down now. I no longer get any twinges in the tooth when I'm chewing.

Is is it possible that the tooth was just sensitive from a high filling?

Back