• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Abscess - need an extraction phobia at it's worst

Hope it goes well, Betty. Try not to worry about what might happen, this one could be problem free.

I'm back. That took over an hour to do, I have had all sorts out in my mouth and I think it was tricky for him to do. He said when he had finished obviously it was deep as it took quite a while for him to do but it's wait and see whether it will need RCT or extraction. He said my last filling he did (that ended up being extracted after four weeks) was deep and at the time he could see the nerve in my tooth the decay was so bad. Although he said today that he never got as far as the nerve and didn't see it.

So I'll have to wait and see. I'm pessimistic about it because I feel like it's all my fault for avoiding treatment for all these years. He showed me on the x Ray today that the tooth he filled looked like it had had a temp filling in there at some point that had fallen out and never been repaired properly so he had a lot of work to do rebuilding the tooth.

I think he must have topped me up with LA at some point during the filling as I am still numb now two hours after having it injected in. Usually by the time I leave the practise the numbness has worn off.

Back