• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Ah guys I need your help :(

That's a tough one - maybe you could call or email your dentist and ask what he would do if it was himself (and tell him about your concerns)? That might make it easier to make a decision ?

That's a tough one - maybe you could call or email your dentist and ask what he would do if it was himself (and tell him about your concerns)? That might make it easier to make a decision ?

I ended up putting it off, it’s now booked for January 5th.

I’m so nervous! This dentist had a lab area on site and said I can have a temporary denture on the area if a couple of these teeth need to come out after the cleaning.

Does anyone know what the process is, like do they do an impression before the cleaning or after teeth are extracted? Does it take long to make the temporary piece? It’s going to be so weird having teeth out and then waiting for replacements and walking out without this mess. I’m so nervous but also excited at finally getting some work done. It’s such an odd feeling

Feel free to ask these questions in the "Ask a Dentist" section ?. Or maybe you could email your dentist and ask?

From your previous posts, it doesn't sound as if it's a given that they'll come out at all - only a worst-case scenario. Congratulations on booking the appointment ??

Back