• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

All uppers extracted while awake, immediate dentures in.

B

Berki44

Hi, I am a 56 year old woman and I just had ALL of my upper teeth pulled a week ago. Many were impacted or fused to my jawbone. The dentist pulled for nearly 2 hours straight, as I had those complicated extractions.

I feel like My mouth had a blender in it.
I am now on antibiotics and pain pills.

Does anyone have similar situation that they could give me an idea if my struggles
are common?

I am having non-stop pain in my right ear, both mandibular joints are very painful and swollen.

I'm so upset about the pain and I think I'm clenching my jaw.

I am als sleep deprived.. Feel like I'm losing my mind!

Are the pain pills helping? I'm guessing having your mouth open for so long most not feel good for your TMJs. It might be a good thing to see the dentist to verify if everything is healing fine.

Yes, The painkillers help.
They have been seeing me every other day and I was at the doctor yesterday and he put me on another antibiotic and nerve blocker.. Gabapentin? Yes, and being awake through it was pretty traumatizing... Ive even had nightmares.

My 3rd molar on the right wasn't frozen when he went to dig it out and I screamed $&# really loud... He had to freeze it more... It was fuzed to my jaw.

I actually think my gums feel better tonight... Thank God

Hi Berki, I don’t have any advice, but wanted to say sorry to read about the nightmares, sounds like the treatment was an awful experience.. :( may you recover soon..

Thanks so much... Yes... I have had many surgeries but this one sucked the worst because it truly traumatized me mentally and physically. When I do bottoms, I'll be knocked out cold!!

Berki44,

SO sorry to hear of this.. it sounds traumatizing just reading of it.. I hope you can give yourself alot of rest , your body must be exhausted to deal wtih the trauma of everything. I don't even know what else to say but am thinking and praying for you!! and hope your body can get healing ...

Berki44,

SO sorry to hear of this.. it sounds traumatizing just reading of it.. I hope you can give yourself alot of rest , your body must be exhausted to deal wtih the trauma of everything. I don't even know what else to say but am thinking and praying for you!! and hope your body can get healing ...
Thank you.... I'm getting there :)

Before, during and for a short while today!

Attachments

• received_308662906497303.jpeg
    received_308662906497303.jpeg
    315.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20190429_111013.jpg
    20190429_111013.jpg
    714.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20190501_132304.jpg
    20190501_132304.jpg
    741.5 KB · Views: 16
Back