S
silverflame
Junior member
- Joined
- May 14, 2014
- Messages
- 1
Okay, so, I've been having a ton of pain in one of my newly-filled teeth since it was done a week and a half ago. I've already been back three times to talk to my dentist about it and every time, I've felt like she's just humoring me, like she doesn't think there's a real problem. I've already been panicking about all the work I'm dealing with, and now I'm afraid to go back because I hate feeling like she's not taking me seriously. I'm sure she is, but I have a fair bit of social anxiety on top of my phobia of dentists. >_<
First of all, the filling was on the side of the tooth, nudged up against another tooth, and was very close to the nerve, so I know that could be a problem. But I've noticed since it was done that I can't seem to floss all the way down. It LOOKS like it touches the gum, but it doesn't feel like it. It feels like the filling extends all the way to the tooth next to it down at the bottom. Is that something I should worry about, or can it be left alone? Could that be causing some of the pain I've been dealing with? I tried to explain it to the dental assistant last time I was there and she wrote it off as no big deal, but I don't know if I explained it right, and I stupidly didn't bring it up again to my actual dentist. I just don't know. I'm tired of being in pain (sometimes agony), and they keep telling me not to worry, to give it a couple weeks, etc.
First of all, the filling was on the side of the tooth, nudged up against another tooth, and was very close to the nerve, so I know that could be a problem. But I've noticed since it was done that I can't seem to floss all the way down. It LOOKS like it touches the gum, but it doesn't feel like it. It feels like the filling extends all the way to the tooth next to it down at the bottom. Is that something I should worry about, or can it be left alone? Could that be causing some of the pain I've been dealing with? I tried to explain it to the dental assistant last time I was there and she wrote it off as no big deal, but I don't know if I explained it right, and I stupidly didn't bring it up again to my actual dentist. I just don't know. I'm tired of being in pain (sometimes agony), and they keep telling me not to worry, to give it a couple weeks, etc.

