• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bleeding and sore gums help! NEED HELP

W

Woolford148

Junior member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
5
Hello, I am 16 years old I am a male and The other day by the dentist I was told that I have gingervitis and my gums were red so I then started to brush my teeth better and floss everyday. This was only 3 days ago and when I brush I bleed quite heavily. All my gums left right and bottoms were sore but now only my top right bleeds and is very inflamed. I have noticed a very bad looking piece of decay and was wondering if I need to go to the dentists again? Please help in pain.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 33
pretty much 50% of the population has gingivitis, and nearly 100% of people who don't floss regularly will have gingivitis. the bleeding will stop when your flossing and brushing improves. I don't see any "big piece of decay" But if there were any the dentist would have mentioned it to you.
 
Hi just was wondering about the big red bit of my gum if you zoom in you can see its very red? Thanks if you see it bit thanks for letting me know when it may stop it was getting concerning lol
 
Yes I see the red area, it looks very irritated and a bit swollen. That is what gingivitis is. It will bleed at first. But if you keep flossing every day it will stop. Brush gently and only use a soft toothbrush. Gingivitis is 100% reversible if you floss daily and go to the dentist for a professional cleaning by the hygienist
 
Hi thanks for the advice it was good today feeling only my top right gum is sore! One part I need to focus on is that top right which bleeds. I am going in for a cleaning by a hygeinst on the 29th and ill get some professinal advice off her too. Thanks ALOT for your help! It is mostly inflamed pain after the brushing for about a minute or so then its fine its also fine during eating and drinking I may look into getting a softer tip for my electric tooth brush. Again thanks a bunch I am only 16 so I do worry about these things for the future
 
You should be fine, but don't only focus on the area that bleeds, like they say about teeth "floss the ones you want to keep" so make sure you floss everywhere every day. When you go to the hygienist maybe have her make sure you are flossing correctly. It may sound silly but some people are doing it wrong because nobody ever taught them the correct way
 
Back
Top