• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bone fragments 14 months post dental surgery?

S

Scaredycat31

Has anyone dealt with incredibly painful, what appears to be bone fragments coming up after dental surgery? I had all my bottom teeth and 2 top molars (the last 2 back ones on both sides, i never developed wisdom teeth) pulled Jan 2018. Here it is March 2019 and I am in incredible pain on the one side of my mouth. If I feel back there with my finger I feel what I can only assume are peices of tooth coming out of my gum (?). My dentist who did the surgery no longer takes my insurance so I am kind of stuck. This is shooting pain up to my eye and then to my ear. No swelling that I notice. I've been living off extra strength tylenol and ibprofen and its barely touching the pain. I have oragel and a vibrating toothbrush I keep setting back to try to divert the nerves...

Is this something I have to live with until my body finally gets the bone peices out of the surface? Im honestly debating on trying to see if urgent care would give me antibiotics as a precaution (i dont want heavy pain meds. I dont like how I feel on them...).

If this is how teething babies feel, we seriously downplay teething. Jeez it hurts!

Has anyone dealt with incredibly painful, what appears to be bone fragments coming up after dental surgery? I had all my bottom teeth and 2 top molars (the last 2 back ones on both sides, i never developed wisdom teeth) pulled Jan 2018. Here it is March 2019 and I am in incredible pain on the one side of my mouth. If I feel back there with my finger I feel what I can only assume are peices of tooth coming out of my gum (?). My dentist who did the surgery no longer takes my insurance so I am kind of stuck. This is shooting pain up to my eye and then to my ear. No swelling that I notice. I've been living off extra strength tylenol and ibprofen and its barely touching the pain. I have oragel and a vibrating toothbrush I keep setting back to try to divert the nerves...

Is this something I have to live with until my body finally gets the bone peices out of the surface? Im honestly debating on trying to see if urgent care would give me antibiotics as a precaution (i dont want heavy pain meds. I dont like how I feel on them...).

If this is how teething babies feel, we seriously downplay teething. Jeez it hurts!
Sorry your in so much pain. Can you try and see a different dentist to let them have a look? I remember me mom who had all her teeth extracted at a young age, in her 40s and 50 would talk about a tooth she said was a wisdom tooth that popped through after extractions but I think now looking back it probably was bone fragments however idk she wasn’t in pain and never went to get it checked out she just lived with it. If you can go have another dentist take a look that’s what I would do no reason you need to be in so much pain

Totally agree with getting a consultation/exam/xrays with an oral surgeon or new dentist. This sounds awful and they very well could know how to get you relief!

Back