• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bottom wisdom teeth removal

M

Mari91

Hi everyone. I’m 28 years old and I have to get my bottom wisdom teeth out on Tuesday and I’m so worried and terrified:( I’m worried about dry socket and especially nerve damage.
I had my top ones out last year and it was no problem
My teeth are kinda crooked and my jaw is really small. My oral surgeon warned me of nerve damage, but didn’t really go into detail of the how much of a risk my teeth were. Does anyone know if the teeth are really close to the nerve and if it looks like nerve damage will be possible :/ I’m so worried

Attachments

• D0458112-749C-4CC7-B64A-1E986151686E.jpeg
    D0458112-749C-4CC7-B64A-1E986151686E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
I just had one out yesterday. I don't worry about the procedure, I just struggle in the aftermath with worry, which is where I am now. I hope your procedure went well!

Mari91.

How are you doing and how did it go. I didn't see this until now.. HOpe you are healing well after and taking it easy!! Also @Heatheringe .. Hope your healing is also going well!!

My teeth are kinda crooked and my jaw is really small. My oral surgeon warned me of nerve damage, but didn’t really go into detail of the how much of a risk my teeth were.

I can't see where the nerve is on the x-rays, but it might be helpful for you to know that nerve damage simply is on the list of potential risks and one of the thing your surgeon might be legally obliged to mention, no matter how big the risk is. If they didn't go into detail and didn't do any additional scans it might not be that much of a problem. The best idea might be to ask about it, if this is worrying you... hm.. just realized it's Wednesday already.. if you can, let us know how it went!

The surgery went well. The surgeon left a part of the tooth on one side though. So far it’s been ok. Just some mild swelling. I’m worried about eating though. I don’t have any extraction holes as the gum is stitched up , but I’m terrified of it coming apart lol so I’ve been barley eating and today is day 3

Congratulations! Mine went well too. Just scared of dry socket. After tomorrow that risk should be over with!

It sounds like you’re on the right track. Hang in there.

Mari91, please eat. Your body needs energy to heal. It's wisdom teeth so you still have plenty of teeth to chew on or you can simply chose soft foods until you feel confident enough to eat normally. We have few ideas here. Glad all went well during the surgery.

Back