• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

can you add a white filling in the same tooth that has silverr filling in it?

T

tlcha

can you add a white filling in the same tooth that has silverr filling in it?

My dentist recently did fillings on my teeth and they have hurt since she did them. My question is can you ad white filling in with silver. I had silver fillings in those teeth but wanted white. She only fixed where the cavity was and replaced with white filling. So now there is white and silver. So she only tooth out part of the silver filling and added white. I did not know you could do that??? Because I just had wisdom teeth surgery 2 months before, she did not want to stir the pot to much by taking out all the silver filling since I only need cavity filled in that one area and a big part of tooth had silver filling. Just curious of your thoughts, I always thought you had to replace the whole area with the same kind of filling.

Re: can you add a white filling in the same tooth that has silverr filling in it?

If there is a separate area of decay that is not touching the existing filling you can use a different material.

Back