• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Case for gum grafting?

J

jatay1985

I posted something similar in another forum but didnt get any replies.

Can anybody tell me if this is going to signal gum grafting? I just finished my deep cleaning two days ago and although my hygienist said that she isnt worried much about any of my teeth and gum recession, my two front teeth on the bottom seem to worry me. I know i see gum recession and she said that as my healing progresses, it may get worse. Im worried....

Attachments

• Snapchat-499520583.jpg
    Snapchat-499520583.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 60
What did your dentist say? I personally feel that even if the dentist and hygienist is not worried about it but it is bothering you, you can still go ahead and decide to get a gum graft. Perhaps you could also get a consultation with a periodontist and ask for his opinion regarding gum grafting.

What did your dentist say? I personally feel that even if the dentist and hygienist is not worried about it but it is bothering you, you can still go ahead and decide to get a gum graft. Perhaps you could also get a consultation with a periodontist and ask for his opinion regarding gum grafting.

Just that they found nothing severe. They mentioned that it may get worse as my gums continue to heal and that they would have a look at it in December when i go back for my check up. I emailed them both yesterday about it so i guess I'll just wait to see what they have to say

Personally, that isn't bad enough to justify the risks of grafting; it's a tricky area, but I'm not a periodontist. If it bothers you that much, then the only way to clear it up is to go and see one.

Personally, that isn't bad enough to justify the risks of grafting; it's a tricky area, but I'm not a periodontist. If it bothers you that much, then the only way to clear it up is to go and see one.

Thank you! I think it's best just to take it easy on myself

Back