• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

cavity on a tooth with big filling. Will it need a root canal + crown?

E

E93

So i just spotted this on my tooth:

ye4mNrvl.jpg
I hadn't been to the dentist in about 7 months.

The cavity above is on this tooth (old x-ray):

QqrQdHbl.png.jpeg

When i got that filling the doctor said that if anything else happened to that tooth it will need a root canal? Is this correct? Will this cavity need a root canal + crown?

I have big dental anxiety... and big anxiety of uk prices. So if you think i'll need a root canal i might wait to be back in my home country next summer/autumn and get it looked at there? Hopefully is not something that I need to have looked up urgently? I'm panicking a bit and I Really don't want to be in a dentist chair right now...

Last edited:
1) Not really, lots of things could happen to the tooth without needing root canal treatment
2) Not with what's on that photo, looks like a very small cavity at worst or possibly just staining

@Gordon Thanks for the answer.

Also could staining really be that dark?

Yes, but you can't tell if it's decay or not without physically checking the area.

Back