D
dentalphobi
Junior member
- Joined
- Jun 13, 2015
- Messages
- 9
First off, I go to the dentist regularly for cleanings and check-ups. Genetically, we have good dental health. I also keep care of my teeth at home, brushing and flossing regularly. Also I am young, in my early 20's.
Details aside, I have some pain in a tooth and I have this horrific fear that it may be cracked or have a really bad cavity or something - despite seeing the dentist less than 3 months ago. I plan to go in a couple days when they can fit me in.
I am erratic at this point, as the pain gradually increases. I am having panic attacks. I hyperventilate while crying. The thought of going through a procedure that requires drilling away my natural tooth and needles - especially when it could potentially make me loose a tooth, makes me want to die
It just so happens I have a fear of anxiety medication and laughing gas - possibly because of being a HUGE control freak. I want to be in control of my own body not drugged up. I'd rather nothing (other than topical needle) or be full put out (G.A).
Oh, AND my dentist is on holiday. I really don't trust anyone else.
Does anyone have any tips for going through procedure? Calming fears? Words of advice?
Details aside, I have some pain in a tooth and I have this horrific fear that it may be cracked or have a really bad cavity or something - despite seeing the dentist less than 3 months ago. I plan to go in a couple days when they can fit me in.
I am erratic at this point, as the pain gradually increases. I am having panic attacks. I hyperventilate while crying. The thought of going through a procedure that requires drilling away my natural tooth and needles - especially when it could potentially make me loose a tooth, makes me want to die
It just so happens I have a fear of anxiety medication and laughing gas - possibly because of being a HUGE control freak. I want to be in control of my own body not drugged up. I'd rather nothing (other than topical needle) or be full put out (G.A).
Oh, AND my dentist is on holiday. I really don't trust anyone else.
Does anyone have any tips for going through procedure? Calming fears? Words of advice?