• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

copy of my letter of complaint...what do you think dentists please?

W

wozzle

Unfortunately I find myself in a position where I have no alternative but to write to you to explain in detail problems I have encountered in your practice dating back to March.

I came to your surgery as a new patient with a niggling problem I had on an upper left pre molar. An assessment of all my teeth was carried out which concluded that several fillings were required.

The niggling upper left tooth was diagnosed as needing root canal which was carried out shortly after my initial appointment, this left me in excruciating pain after part one was completed which was so bad I decided to get the tooth extracted rather than go through that experience again.

In the mean time, upper left wisdom and 2nd molar were also drilled and filled with composite fillings which never settled and resulted in pain due to high bite which was assessed and dealt with on upper left 2nd molar but it was thought that the wisdom tooth needed root canal.

Whilst the bite was left high in 2nd molar I began suddenly clenching at night which left me in pain all day with the lower left pre molar and molar behind this, I had never experienced pain in these teeth before the work on top fillings.
I came to see you regarding the bottom left pain and you performed a root canal on bottom left premolar which took the immediate pain away. The tooth next to this was also filled at your practice and still causes me pain and is sensitive. After the filling was completed on the molar behind the root canal I was left with a very sharp edge on this filling which was lacerating my tongue, I rang the practice regarding this to be told that you were all on a course and I should buy a nail file and file it down. Not great after care service.

I then came back to start the root canal on top left wisdom which after part one again left me in a considerable amount pain, the rct was completed aprox 2 weeks after and the tooth never settled after this.

I came to your office and was given numerous rounds of antibiotics; the tooth was tender to tap, and extremely painful resulting in ibuprofen every 4 hours for a long time.

I had to change my holiday because I did not feel comfortable going abroad with these root canal teeth hurting like this which came at a price of £400.

The bottom premolar also never settled after root canal and continued to cause pain along with the top wisdom tooth.

Jo then referred me to Mr P for an assessment.

He concluded that the upper left was an incomplete RCT and that the lower left looked ok but mentioned that the filling wasn’t right down to the root.

I have since had to have the upper wisdom extracted which leaves me with 1 molar at the top left which is niggling me after it was filled at your practice, this tooth never caused me any problems prior to visiting your practice.

The bottom premolar still presents me with pain which I suspect either needs re treatment or extraction.

Alas I find myself in a situation where by allot of money has been spent in your surgery and I still am in no position to eat anything on this side of my mouth and still in considerable pain. It appears that every tooth that was worked on in your practice has caused me nothing but pain and I am no further forward.

The doctor has prescribed me anti depressants because this has all got me down so much, I have lost 2 stone in weight and I feel in this day and age you should not have to live with this dental pain for 7 months and indeed be out of pocket for it.

I am living on nurofen constantly and it is because of the pain I am left with in every tooth that has ever been touched by your practice.

I would appreciate your views on all this please and would hope you look back at my records to asses this situation and notice the vast amount of money I have paid not just yourselves but in gaining 2nd and 3rd opinions on your work, receipts available on request.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is only the left side, right side was butchered by another dentist hence why i cant eat!!

I think it's OK, but I'm no expert. If you don't mind, I've deleted the dentist's name off there though.

Back