• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

corsodyl mouthwash and composite fillings + photo of filling

E

E93

So my gums have been bothering me for a bit, so i decidecd to buy some antiseptic mouthwash to see if it help. Specifically i got alcohol free 0.2% corsodyl.

After using it for the first time (i only washed my mouth once with it) I started reading about how chlorhexidine is actually supposed to be super bad for composite fillings, and i have about 10 composite fillings in my mouth at the moment.

Also right after i noticed how the color of a lot of my teeth suddenly seems... whiter... and fainter... at the top. I was used with my front teeth being translucent at the top, but never noticed it on the back one, and it seems... not right?

I know this is stupid and my rational brains knows that probably a single mouthwash can't ruin anything in my mouth... but i'm still very anxious lately and it would help a lot if any dentist could confirm that everything is allright.

Here's a link to some photos of the teeth:

nrNCl6ll.jpg

9RjVjIsl.jpg

Also, i circled a specific tooth. I had a filling on that tooth and the weird thing is that i think "I can see it"? In that in the shape of the teeth i can clearly see a bit that's shaped differently and has borders and stuff. Has the filling been properly done? Is there anything wrong with the shape of the tooth i circled? Does everuthing look allright in the photo?

ANOTHER THING

From those photo just now i notice that it seems like some tartar is starting to form on the front-er teeth. Is that normal? I had the proper dentist cleaning about a month ago. And brush and floss daily? Why does tartar keep showing up?

Also, do my gum look ok? From the photo they look a bit folded and low.....

Last edited:
Wondering if @Gordon could have a look at those photos when you have time, since you answered some other questions i had. Sorry for being a pain. I know i opened a lot of topics lately about my teeth. It's just very difficult to calm down about them lately...

2 more photo outlining the bit that worries me...

41IKXCgl.jpg
ABT14hml.jpg

Like it looks like an "extra bit" rather than the natural shape of the tooth. Is a filling supposed to look like that? Is that just the shape of my tooth?

@Gordon was away having a day out in the big city today with No 2 son, sorry for the slow reply. The area you've circled is the normal biting surface of your first molar, I think, your circle takes in 2 different teeth... whatever, it's perfectly fine and nothing to worry about.
Chlorhexidine mouthwash can cause staining of teeth but not very quickly. To be honest I wouldn't use it routinely unless told to, it does cause some staining but it also can mess up the normal bacteria flora of the mouth and gut, there's no advantage to doing this if your teeth and gums are healthy and yours look fine to me.

@Gordon was away having a day out in the big city today with No 2 son, sorry for the slow reply. The area you've circled is the normal biting surface of your first molar, I think, your circle takes in 2 different teeth... whatever, it's perfectly fine and nothing to worry about.
Chlorhexidine mouthwash can cause staining of teeth but not very quickly. To be honest I wouldn't use it routinely unless told to, it does cause some staining but it also can mess up the normal bacteria flora of the mouth and gut, there's no advantage to doing this if your teeth and gums are healthy and yours look fine to me.

Thanks a lot!

Sorry again for the @-ing, i was having a big anxiety moment about this stuff. Thanks for letting me know that everything is fine.

It's not a problem, I generally come on here once a day around mid-afternoon, but was down in the city today so was much later coming on.

Back