• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Damon braces cut the inner lining of my lower lip (with photo)

K

kathy025

Former Member
Hello DentalFearCentral,

I recently got Damon Braces installed and somehow during my sleep, it had cut my inner lip. There was a mouth sore, but it has since healed when I put the oral wax on the brackets that were in contact with the sore.

However, as seen from the attached image, the tissue/mucus has split and is now protruding like excess tissue. Will it "re-attach" itself as it heals completely, or will I need minor surgery to remove the excess?

DSC_0001.jpg
 
Hi,

your lip will heal completely by itself (no need for surgery) once the mechanical irritation is removed.
 
Hi Daniel,

Thanks, that's good to hear. I guess I'll just leave it alone for a good amount of time. Hopefully, it heals and re-attaches itself. Good thing it's not noticeable on the outside.
 
I am experiencing the same exact thing for over a year now :/ I feel your pain... The best thing to do it just to wait until the braces are removed

~Anon
 

Similar threads

L
Replies
5
Views
3K
applesock
A
H
Replies
1
Views
2K
April
A
H
Replies
3
Views
2K
Gordon
Gordon
O
Replies
6
Views
307
Dr. Daniel
Dr. Daniel
Back
Top