• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dental pain when eating.

F

fiona x

Hello new here.

I recently got an emergency appointment for dental pain in my back tooth which is broken. I finished two antibiotics on monday night and was back at the dentist on wednesday. The tooth has to come out under sedation as they will need to lift the gum and stitch it. I have to wait 6 weeks for this. He says gentle tip corsodyl over the area which i have been doing since thursday night were i am holiding onto the sink its that painful. Also taken regular paracetamol and brufen for 2 weeks now. The main struggle but is eating. Even soup and foods that dont need chewed are killing me. Eatings that much of a hassle i am only eating when i really have to and am starting to feel light headed. Great for my diet but.

Please someone help or reassure me a few more days of corsodyl will help x

Contact the dentist again and explain how bad you feel see if they could fit you in sooner if they had a cancellation that you could take.

Agreed with last person.Sometimes they can fit people in. There supposed to have enough room in the booking where a emergency can happen and get that person in soon enough, I would call and see if they can get you in quicker. Its it getting better or worst? If worst then id call them sooner you call the sooner you can get in there,
I was also feeling light headed when my fillings. Make sure to try to keep eating something

Just my opinion

Back