C
Caramelteach
Well-known member
- Joined
- Mar 10, 2013
- Messages
- 101
Hello everyone, how is everyone doing?
Can anyone help me with a small query?
A couple of months ago, I had to see my dentist because I was having discomfort in the back molars on the top left hand side of my mouth. The 2 pre-molars are normal teeth, then the next molar has a deep filling that was done a few months ago, followed by the last molar, which is a years old root canal. I then have a wisdom tooth that only fully came through a few months ago (I'm now 38!)
My dentist had a look and took x rays and, even though I was convinced it was the deep filled tooth, he said there was a slight shadow on the rct and gave me antibiotics. He said that he would x ray again in 6 months to see how it was doing. He also said there was no decay in the deep filled tooth.
I am now having weird discomfort in and around the deep filled tooth again and I just don't understand what's going on! It's really hard to describe. It's not agony and it doesn't keep me awake at night or anything, it's just 'there' constantly. When I wake up in the morning, I don't really feel anything, but as the day goes on, I start to feel it. It doesn't seem to be affected by pressure or temperature and feels like it 'moves about' along the teeth sometimes.
I've had so much go wrong this year, not just dentally, that I'm having a hard time coping with this! It just feels like it's one thing after another. I so desperately want it to be something like me clenching on my mouth splint too hard at night, but I know it won't be.
I also don't want to keep pestering my dentist-he's really lovely and I don't want him to get fed up with me. Could it just be me being paranoid?
Help lovely people?!
Can anyone help me with a small query?
A couple of months ago, I had to see my dentist because I was having discomfort in the back molars on the top left hand side of my mouth. The 2 pre-molars are normal teeth, then the next molar has a deep filling that was done a few months ago, followed by the last molar, which is a years old root canal. I then have a wisdom tooth that only fully came through a few months ago (I'm now 38!)
My dentist had a look and took x rays and, even though I was convinced it was the deep filled tooth, he said there was a slight shadow on the rct and gave me antibiotics. He said that he would x ray again in 6 months to see how it was doing. He also said there was no decay in the deep filled tooth.
I am now having weird discomfort in and around the deep filled tooth again and I just don't understand what's going on! It's really hard to describe. It's not agony and it doesn't keep me awake at night or anything, it's just 'there' constantly. When I wake up in the morning, I don't really feel anything, but as the day goes on, I start to feel it. It doesn't seem to be affected by pressure or temperature and feels like it 'moves about' along the teeth sometimes.
I've had so much go wrong this year, not just dentally, that I'm having a hard time coping with this! It just feels like it's one thing after another. I so desperately want it to be something like me clenching on my mouth splint too hard at night, but I know it won't be.
I also don't want to keep pestering my dentist-he's really lovely and I don't want him to get fed up with me. Could it just be me being paranoid?
Help lovely people?!


.


