• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dissolving stitches

MeaDrea

MeaDrea

Anyone know what dissolving stitches look like as they dissolve?

One online dentist from just answers said this was normal... when I called my dentist and explained the issue, he said it was likely the stitches I was seeing.

But I dunno. This looks more gel like than a stitch. And I have one on the roof of my mouth coming out of the other extraction...

I want to ask my dentist... but it's an hour drive, and I already maxed my care credit. (This cost $3000!!! I'm literally broke because my entire paycheck goes to bills. I have less than $40 to feed myself each month right now because of this extra $100 per month expense I had to add to my other expenses.) and I am sure they'd charge me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200202-214515_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200202-214515_Video Player.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20200203-233038_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200203-233038_Video Player.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 6
1. Post operative (care and follow up after surgery is part of the initial bill so no extra charge)
2. Looks normal Yes both pictures ✔

Mine didn't look like anything, they just disappeared - and they disappeared within 3 days instead of a week... just like the regular stitches had fallen out so much, they were removed on the 4th day instead of in a week and a half...it's all individual.

The bottom ones disappeared today (day 5). The top ones I think are going. They're getting all loose and bunched up.

Back