S
Snowball
Well-known member
- Joined
- Apr 12, 2008
- Messages
- 331
Just had my 6 month check up, and my dentist spotted signs of early decay in a molar. (Down to my awful diet this past 6 stress filled months - the stress was nothing to do with dentistry!)
Anyway, I can reverse the unhealthy eating trend (I was an extremely healthy eater until my dad died last year, so know what I'm doing there). I never drink fizzy drinks, am dropping the alcohol and chocolate though, (cept for Xmas) and returning to my old mega healthy wholefood diet.
I let everything slip dietwise when my dad went into the final stages of his cancer - it was an extremely stressful time, and since then my best friend (only 47) has been diagnosed with cancer, too. It's not been an easy time, and when I got into bad habits - I stayed there.
My dentist recommended using Fluoriguard mouthwash - so got that.
Now to my q.... What else can I do - apart from the dietary stuff - to maximize chances of re-mineralization?
Anything else in terms of what I eat, teeth cleaning routine etc?
What would be the ideal things to do, to re-mineralize and arrest early decay?
Anyway, I can reverse the unhealthy eating trend (I was an extremely healthy eater until my dad died last year, so know what I'm doing there). I never drink fizzy drinks, am dropping the alcohol and chocolate though, (cept for Xmas) and returning to my old mega healthy wholefood diet.
I let everything slip dietwise when my dad went into the final stages of his cancer - it was an extremely stressful time, and since then my best friend (only 47) has been diagnosed with cancer, too. It's not been an easy time, and when I got into bad habits - I stayed there.
My dentist recommended using Fluoriguard mouthwash - so got that.
Now to my q.... What else can I do - apart from the dietary stuff - to maximize chances of re-mineralization?
Anything else in terms of what I eat, teeth cleaning routine etc?
What would be the ideal things to do, to re-mineralize and arrest early decay?