• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Enamel loss top front teeth! Can anything be done... its being 12 years since ive being to dentist

D

dani123xx

Enamel loss top front teeth! Can anything be done... its being 12 years since ive being to dentist

Hi all. Well ive finally plucked up the courage and ring around to try find a dentist. Even just phoning filled me with dread but i finally found 1 and ove got an appointment on monday....eekkk! Not been in 12 years due to a very bad experience when i was around 16. Anyway im 33 and to be honest my teeth are a mess. Ive lost all enamel on the top of front teeth think this is due to the fact ive have an overbite and do grind and clench my jaw alot. Any1 know if this can be sorted? Think im going to need some major work on most of my teeth and im scared ive left it too long! Any tips to stay calm? Im bricking it x

Re: Enamel loss top front teeth! Can anything be done... its being 12 years since ive being to denti

Also just to add where the loss of enamel is its very badly stained as im a tea drinker and i do smoke... its really affecting my confidence dont smile and when im taking to people always got my hand near my mouth to try hide my teeth. Its kind of taking over my life and really holding me back. Its gone on long enough now and really hope i dont bottle it on monday.

Re: Enamel loss top front teeth! Can anything be done... its being 12 years since ive being to denti

I don't really have an answer, but I just wanted to sympathise! 32 here and my teeth are the same, it holds me back and I want to smile and laugh again. I hate being social and I want my little boy to see me happy :(

I had a check up today (first in a long time) and we talked about other things. We didn't discuss work to individual teeth so I don't know what the plan would be, but we talked about extractions and it was mentioned that if the front ones remained, they would be discoloured still, and I could chose to pay for cosmetics work to be done, but it sounded like nothing the NHS would/could do :(

Hi parker seems me and you in same boat. Well done for taking first step x was really hoping they would be something they could do without extraction but after what u you said it doesnt seem the case ( unless of course implants are put in, bit in my case thats really not possible as id never be able to afford it). Thanks so much for your reply and hope you get sorted

Back