• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Extraction with immediate denture.....

J

Jo23

Hi
I am new here and going into meltdown!

I have to have my 4 remaining lower back teeth ( 2 each side ) and remaining front upper teeth removed and immediate dentures fitted, I have a partial top plate. I will be having this done with sedation all at once.
My pain was so bad that my dentist said it would be best to remove 2 teeth on one side of my lower jaw this week which he has done,Tues afternoon, he was very good, gave me gel before injection and I managed not to make too much of a fool of myself but was extremely stressed, On wed morning I was very ill with cold sweats and sickness for about an hour I spent the rest of the day in bed. I am in a lot of pain from the extraction site and cannot see how I will cope with having upper and lower teeth removed and fit a denture. Surely there will be so much swelling it will not be possible to close my mouth.
Sorry if I'm rambling just panicking, need to have this done but don't know how I will cope,

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

Sorry you felt so terrible after the teeth were removed, your dentist seems as if he is aware of this and will try and help as much as he can. If you have swelling after the removal of the rest of your teeth use an ice pack like a bag of frozen peas on your cheek, also ask the dentist about pain meds and if you have any problems after extraction or are worried then do contact the dentist and get them to have a look to make sure things are fine.

GOOD LUCK :clover::clover::clover:

Sorry it took so long to answer you I hope you can let us know how you get on :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::butterfly:

Back