• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Extremely scared and anxious - appointment tomorrow :o(

J

jen.louise

I can't believe how quickly 3 weeks has gone since I found out I need 2 fillings. All of a sudden, my appointment is tomorrow at 12:00 and I'm absolutely terrified. I'm having palpitations, I feel sick, my hands are shaking.....I just want to ring and cancel but I know I shouldn't :cry:

Hi don't cancel. I have seen me going to the dentist shaking and in a right old state, but I have found that with my trusted dentist, if I just get there he knows how nervous I am but he makes sure I am well numbed and takes it really easy and at my pace and it has always worked out fine.

I still get nervous but with a trusted dentist it gets easier as time goes on. Arrange a stop signal with your dentist so that if you feel anything he can stop and give you more stuff. Also if you feel you need a break it will help to be able to stop him too.

Good luck :clover::clover::clover: let us know how you get on please.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::hug5::hug5::hug5::hug2::hug2::hug2::butterfly:

Last edited:
Keep your appointment. Two fillings is likely to result in little time in the chair (maybe 30, 35 mins). That's so much better than what can happen if you let it go. Just one crown prep can be up to an hour. Don't let your situation get worse so that you need more treatment down the road. Trust me, I did exactly that and I regret it now. Good luck!:clover:

Back