• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Feel like tooth is still there

S

Senaya527

I had an extraction done 3 days ago on tooth #15 and prior to this the tooth was symptomatic and given me problems for a few years. I tried to tell my dentist over and over and he kept saying there was nothing wrong so i had a second opinion and he instantly said the tooth was angry and gave me antibiotics and i scheduled the extraction. So 3 days ago i had the extraction done and he had a hard time getting it out and then had a harder time with a root tip that didn't want to come out. The swelling is going down and i think its healing nicely but i still feel like the tooth is there and by that i mean that I'm still feeling alot of the same symptoms , not excruciating, just aggravating. I feel like my sinuses are building up pressure and it feels itchy. Im worried that there is still infection or maybe some tooth left behind.

The only way to find out what's going on is to go back to the dentist, no way to help via the internet I'm afraid.

Thank you for responding. I did go back in today and he only looked around and said everything looks like its healing fine but when i asked if he should xray to make sure he pretty much said not at the time.

Back