• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Feeling sick with nerves already! Root removal and cavities

Z

zoe_00

I had my first trip to the dentist today In 7 year's and he really wasn't happy with the state of my teeth. He went round and descalled them (which there was a lot of) and I have an appointment next Thursday to start sorting the rest of the mess out. Both of my back two bottom teeth have gone apart from a tiny bit in the gumline, the roots are still there which he wants to remove, and I'm petrified about this! What will he do? What happens? and how bad is the aftermath? I also have 2 cavities, which I'm guessing will just be filled? Already feeling sick with nerves for next week, doesn't help that my dentist is horrible and he mostly just shouted at me today rather than explaining what he was going to do, he basically spoke as if I wasn't there to the assistant.

Last edited:
I recently (last month) had 14 extractions. Three of them were just roots. To be honest Icouldn't tell the difference between those and the others being extracted. Once you are numbed up the procedure is all pretty easy.

Can you find another dentist? You don't deserve to be treated poorly!

What Fearful said! If he shouted at you, then that's really not a good dentist for an anxious patient. You need patience and support, not shouting at. He also seems to have given you very little information about what to expect.

Are you in a position to look around for somebody else? Honestly, it could be a lot better than this.

What Fearful said! If he shouted at you, then that's really not a good dentist for an anxious patient. You need patience and support, not shouting at. He also seems to have given you very little information about what to expect.

Are you in a position to look around for somebody else? Honestly, it could be a lot better than this.

I'm stuck with him unfortunately, even though he's making even more nervous about going back! But I think if I have any future problems, I will go somewhere else, but I'm only 16 so my mum just made the appointment with the usual dentist

I recently (last month) had 14 extractions. Three of them were just roots. To be honest Icouldn't tell the difference between those and the others being extracted. Once you are numbed up the procedure is all pretty easy.

I've never had any sort of extraction before though and my dentist didn't explain anything about what was going to happen

Back