S
Sammy
Junior member
- Joined
- Sep 27, 2012
- Messages
- 2
Hi there I am so glad I accidentally came across this site
. Unfortunatly I'm writing to all you wonderful people out of sadness... I have gum disease, I am only 23, have always brushed my teeth but never realized how important flossing was until now!!. My last visit was in high school, when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. My teeth still look healthy, it just appears to be behind my front six bottom teeth, however I cannot see the back. I have a scaling appointment on the 8th of November, as my dental kicks in on the 1st. They plan on doing the scaling, then 3 month cleanings after that. I called and asked if I'm able to wait til November or if it needs immediate attention and I have no problem paying out of my pocket, they said it could wait. I also asked if I was going to lose my teeth and they said no. I have also gone through my pregnancy which I hear is hard on teeth.
This is more of venting for myself to people who understand my situation. No one I know has gum disease, nor do I want a lot knowing, people look at gum disease as never doing oral care, it is a lack of oral care but was never completely ignored.
i wish I would have kept up with my maintenance a lot better, but lesson learned, since the dentist appointment I have not only realized how important teeth are but also my body... Found out the ole dusty treadmill actually does work haha
so sorry my post is all over the map, I have a lot running through my mind. Thanks for reading
also what are some things that will help at home, I have already started brushing 3 good brushings a day and small ones anytime I eat, and floss twice, for the time being I have been rinsing with scope as I live in a small town and have to wait to find alcohol free.
And, lol, how do dentists determine sections of teeth?, when I was asking pricing of scaling, my dentist said, $30.00 per section, and my total would be about 95 with taxes added, just want to know exactly how much of my mouth we are talking about... The more I think about this the more I want to cry!!!
. Unfortunatly I'm writing to all you wonderful people out of sadness... I have gum disease, I am only 23, have always brushed my teeth but never realized how important flossing was until now!!. My last visit was in high school, when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. My teeth still look healthy, it just appears to be behind my front six bottom teeth, however I cannot see the back. I have a scaling appointment on the 8th of November, as my dental kicks in on the 1st. They plan on doing the scaling, then 3 month cleanings after that. I called and asked if I'm able to wait til November or if it needs immediate attention and I have no problem paying out of my pocket, they said it could wait. I also asked if I was going to lose my teeth and they said no. I have also gone through my pregnancy which I hear is hard on teeth.This is more of venting for myself to people who understand my situation. No one I know has gum disease, nor do I want a lot knowing, people look at gum disease as never doing oral care, it is a lack of oral care but was never completely ignored.
i wish I would have kept up with my maintenance a lot better, but lesson learned, since the dentist appointment I have not only realized how important teeth are but also my body... Found out the ole dusty treadmill actually does work haha
so sorry my post is all over the map, I have a lot running through my mind. Thanks for reading

also what are some things that will help at home, I have already started brushing 3 good brushings a day and small ones anytime I eat, and floss twice, for the time being I have been rinsing with scope as I live in a small town and have to wait to find alcohol free.
And, lol, how do dentists determine sections of teeth?, when I was asking pricing of scaling, my dentist said, $30.00 per section, and my total would be about 95 with taxes added, just want to know exactly how much of my mouth we are talking about... The more I think about this the more I want to cry!!!
Last edited: