• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Front tooth filling broke off almost a year after it was placed. :(

O

overbitestinks93

I don't post here often, but as you guys may remember I joined here almost a year ago. I joined because I found out on my birthday that I needed my 4 bottom chipped front teeth filled after being ignored by my old dentist. Well, today I woke up with the feeling like I had something stuck in between my teeth and some sensitivity. I had wondered if my filling was giving out in between 2 of my front teeth on my right middle tooth. I was eating a cheeseburger for lunch and noticed that I no longer felt the pressure on my tooth when biting like I did when I woke up. Then I felt a gap between the teeth....the filling had chipped off. :shame:

Has anyone ever had bonding replaced? I'm hoping I don't need as many shots this time and I'm hoping I can get laughing gas if they need to re-do it. I'm not sure if they can do that though, since I started taking Zoloft in December for ADHD and anxiety. (ironically it hasn't helped either of them and has given me terrible drymouth). I also ironically started taking Zoloft 2 days before my dental cleaning in December.

Thanks everyone

I have never had bonding replace, I had a bit of filling/toothreplace which did not a injection as I had a root canal done on this tooth, next step for the tooth I hope if I need anything fixing on it, is crown or implant. I have had bonding done on another tooth years ago which did not need any injection.

I have never had bonding replace, I had a bit of filling/toothreplace which did not a injection as I had a root canal done on this tooth, next step for the tooth I hope if I need anything fixing on it, is crown or implant. I have had bonding done on another tooth years ago which did not need any injection.

I needed lots of injections for the original fillings. (of course it was all 4 front tooth and not just one.) So I'm not sure if I will need them this time.

Back