• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Full top denture vs partial

  • Thread starter Thread starter b.f.questions
  • Start date Start date
B

b.f.questions

Junior member
Joined
Jul 29, 2009
Messages
1
I'm 25 and have poor oral health. I was given an opinion by one doctor to get a partial denture for front teeth. Another doctor in the same office after reviewing my x-rays and teeth suggested gutting them all and getting full top and bottom denture.

The chief of traning dental students hinted at getting a top denture. I had 6 front teeth pulled today and it's a tough decision to make. I can post photos of everything. Would immediate dentures possible be an advantage over a partial front?

Partial or full denture on top?
 
Hi there,
I had 6 front teeth extracted but on the bottom back in March. I opted for an immediate partial or flipper as they call it. It's a bit hard to get used to but sure beats having a gap. The key is to keep as many of your own teeth as you can for as long as you can because there is nothing like your own teeth.
I guess it depends on the reasoning of the one dentist who said to get them all extracted but being so young I think just the immediate partial is best for you.

PM me if you want any more info.
 
Post some photos and xrays up if you'd like. Sometimes though it can go either way 50-50 so it can be a personal choice. There can be more maintenance that goes with a partial (eg. cleaning your teeth, having cavities repaired, etc) so there can be future costs expenditures required. A partial before going to a complete denture can be good to get you used to something in your mouth. Commiting to the complete route and finding out that you're quite gaggy to having your palate covered up afterwards isn't the best situation to get oneself into.
 
Back
Top