• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Getting 11 extractions and immediate partial at 8am tomorrow. Ready to cancel

  • Thread starter Thread starter had-enough
  • Start date Start date
H

had-enough

Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2013
Messages
62
Location
newcastle upon tyne
Getting 11 extractions and immediate partial at 8am tomorrow. Ready to cancel

Someone please help. I'm having 11 extractions in the morning of all my remaining back teeth with partial denture for the top. I'm terrifiedoing so bad I'm going to cancel. Iv just picked denture up and it's made my fear 1000× worse.

Please someone tell me ill be OK who's been through it before before I back out!! Someone I can keep in touch with and ask all my ridiculous questions when I come around from GA
 
Re: Getting 11 extractions and immediate partial at 8am tomorrow. Ready to cancel

Hi -

I haven't been through anything like that so probably wouldn't be able to answer your questions!

What I can tell you though, is that you will be OK. Lots of people have had this done and come out the other side of it, and you can too!

I know how it is, the night before can sometimes be the hardest time, the bit where you want to just run away. Hang in there, you can do this, I know you've been building up to it for a while.


I'll say to you what I say to just about everybody for that last little while in the countdown to a big appointment: if everything looks too big to handle, then break it down into the tiny steps. All you have to do tomorrow is show up - they will do the rest. Try not to get sucked into thinking about what else you have to do or how you will deal with it later, for now, just focus on turning up - make that your only goal. That's all you need to do.



There are loads of people around here who've been through something like this, hopefully somebody will be along!


Hang in there - you're so close!

Tink x
 
Re: Getting 11 extractions and immediate partial at 8am tomorrow. Ready to cancel

Hi -

I haven't been through anything like that so probably wouldn't be able to answer your questions!

What I can tell you though, is that you will be OK. Lots of people have had this done and come out the other side of it, and you can too!

I know how it is, the night before can sometimes be the hardest time, the bit where you want to just run away. Hang in there, you can do this, I know you've been building up to it for a while.


I'll say to you what I say to just about everybody for that last little while in the countdown to a big appointment: if everything looks too big to handle, then break it down into the tiny steps. All you have to do tomorrow is show up - they will do the rest. Try not to get sucked into thinking about what else you have to do or how you will deal with it later, for now, just focus on turning up - make that your only goal. That's all you need to do.



There are loads of people around here who've been through something like this, hopefully somebody will be along!


Hang in there - you're so close!

Tink x


Thank you so much for replying. I was beginning to think I was going into this alone.

Although you havnt been through this, you made a great point about showing up. Too much worrying and that has broken it down to me. I will try to focus on the short term and make sure I get there in the morning. Iv needed this treatment for at least a year and keep putting it off but there's this big cloud that hangs over me. Thankfully I'm keeping all my front teeth and I will get some lovely crowns to show off after all these extractions are out the way.
Thank you for being there for me to talk too xx
 
Re: Getting 11 extractions and immediate partial at 8am tomorrow. Ready to cancel

You're welcome! Glad to be of some help :)

I think I saw a post from you in another thread where you mentioned how you were looking forward to getting your new teeth too - that's something to hold on to, the silver lining in that big cloud!

And just think, this time tomorrow it will be all done, and finally you won't have the cloud hanging over you any more. That's quite something x
 
Re: Getting 11 extractions and immediate partial at 8am tomorrow. Ready to cancel

Good luck :clover::clover::clover: I agree with everything Tink has said to you.

I had GA years ago for my wisdom teeth removing don't worry they are wonderful and are used to us been nervous. They asked me to count down from 100 I think I only got to about 97. I knew nothing until they woke me up and said it was done. I felt very tired the rest of the day and slept. I felt tired the day after but I was fine.

You will be okay :fingerscrossed::grouphug::grouphug::hug5::grouphug::butterfly:
 
Re: Getting 11 extractions and immediate partial at 8am tomorrow. Ready to cancel

I hope things went well for you :)
 
Re: Getting 11 extractions and immediate partial at 8am tomorrow. Ready to cancel

Hey everyone iv done it!! Cried so much before hand but it's over and done now. The partial didn't fit and kept falling out so I never got it put in.

I have been putting ice on which relives the pain and swelling a bit. I was giving ibuprofen and Co codamol and I'm still in a fair bit of pain one side.

When can I have a cup of tea/coffee? The sites are packed (not sure what with they just told me that) and I have stitches too!

Thanks for replying everyone
 
Re: Getting 11 extractions and immediate partial at 8am tomorrow. Ready to cancel

You did it! Well done, that's fantastic news!

Can't answer your question about tea/coffee, although I hope you'll get one soon! I couldn't go long without tea...


Wishing you a smooth recovery x


So pleased for you :)

Tink x
 
Re: Getting 11 extractions and immediate partial at 8am tomorrow. Ready to cancel

Hi and ditto what Tink has said :jump::jump::jump:

You can have a tea or coffee now if you want, don't make it too hot. It is only smoking and sucking that will effect the clots after extraction but as you have packing and stitches they should heal with no problem.

:cheer::cheer2::cheer::butterfly:
 
Re: Getting 11 extractions and immediate partial at 8am tomorrow. Ready to cancel

Thank yous both so much for the support! Now just need to stitches to dissolve and swelling to go down.
still can't believe iv done it! Couldn't of done it without the support from here :jump:
 
Re: Getting 11 extractions and immediate partial at 8am tomorrow. Ready to cancel

Give yourself a big pat on the back, enjoy the fact it is done now and you made it :you-rock: Now make that cuppa you are craving and enjoy :yayy::whirl::wow::wow::butterfly:
 
Back
Top