• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Getting Second Opinions?

W

Worldsbiggestbaby

I need to have extensive dental work done, including extractions, several crowns and possible permanent bridge. To date, I have visited two dentists to get their opinions and cost proposals and this afternoon I will be visiting a third dentist who specializes in prosthodontics. I have decided to go with whatever today's dentist tells me because he specializes in prosthodontics and has come highly recommended. My dilemma: do I tell this dentist that I am coming to him for a third opinion and do I tell him what the other two dentists have proposed treatment-wise? I don't know if it's offensive or not to tell a dentist that I'm coming to them for a second/third opinion.

Personally I like to know as much as possible as whenever you are starting to restore someone it is a project and a relationship. I would have my most resent radiographs emailed to the dentist.

Back