• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Going in for fillings, Do I need an injection?

• Thread starter TheOnlineUser123456
  • Start date
T

TheOnlineUser123456

Hey,

I had a tooth removed about 6 months ago and the injection was fine, but now I am going in later today for some fillings, not entirely sure what teeth I am having them on. I do believe it is for my two front teeth. I have looked around and sometimes you may need injections when going in for a filling.

imagess.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality.
I do not have any pain here, I am just wondering if I will need an injection. Not the biggest fan of injections. and I have heard they can hurt when they are done near the front of your gum.

Thank you

Hi I would say yes you do want injections. If the dentist goes really slowly doing them they shouldn't hurt.

Good luck for your appointment :clover:

Hi I would say yes you do want injections. If the dentist goes really slowly doing them they shouldn't hurt.

Good luck for your appointment :clover:

Thank you both for the reply, just not a fan of needles. The anxiety gets to me.

I understand how you feel, the dentist does have a gel as mentioned by Danglyweed it is called topical gel and they can rub it on your gum before injecting it won't numb the gum but does make it feel a bit better. Explain to the dentist that you are afraid of the injections and that they make you feel really anxious.

If they inject slowly as I mentioned it really does help, if they need to do a second one if they wait a few seconds the gums will have started to go numb and you won't feel them as much if at all.

Good luck to you let us know how you get on please :butterfly:

I understand how you feel, the dentist does have a gel as mentioned by Danglyweed it is called topical gel and they can rub it on your gum before injecting it won't numb the gum but does make it feel a bit better. Explain to the dentist that you are afraid of the injections and that they make you feel really anxious.

If they inject slowly as I mentioned it really does help, if they need to do a second one if they wait a few seconds the gums will have started to go numb and you won't feel them as much if at all.

Good luck to you let us know how you get on please :butterfly:

Just got back, turns out I don't need an injections. The worst part was the drill, it doesn't go well with sensitive teeth. Other than that it went fine.

Thank you for the support!:jump:

Well done to you, you are braver than me I would have wanted an injection. I am glad you have it over and done with :butterfly:

There is no way I could have survived without the injection, and I HATE them too.

Back