• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Growing Red Bump

W

Winnie

I had my second molar extracted 3 weeks ago. Simple extraction, no presumed infection, just super painful tooth. I didn't get a dry socket but my pain kept getting worse, so my dentist gave me 5 days of Clindamycin to see if it was maybe infected. After 3 days my pain pretty much subsided. I finished my antibiotic. However, I'm concerned because there is a bright red bump in my socket that keeps growing and is tender. Is this an indication of more infection or abnormal healing? I have a difficult time getting fully numb and I'm worried I'm going to need something else done to this. Thank you in advance for feedback.

Attachments

• 20220108_144507.jpg
    20220108_144507.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 30
It's not an infection, looks like it might be a little bump of bone that's got some granulation tissue over it. Just keep it as clean as you're doing at the moment and it'll be fine.

Did the soft pink bump ever go away OP? I have one like this in my upper extraction molar and I'm in the 3rd week like you.

Back