• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Haven't been to the dentist in over 15 years and I'm scared to death, what should I expect?

Re: Haven't been to the dentist in over 15 years and I'm scared to death, what should I expect?

Hey Pollo12!

The fear of the unknown is the worst thing! You'll see, once you get to the dentist office and the dentist goes over what needs to be worked on, you'll feel so much better because you thought SO much worse than it really is. I've just finished up my second round of root canals and crowns this year and dried up all my benefits. I have a one more root canal and crown left, and some cavity fillings for next year, and my teeth should be in tip top shape.

Don't get me wrong, going to the dentist still makes me nervous, but now I don't have that extreme fear anymore.

You'll be fine! That first step to actually go to the dentist office is the hardest. Once you're there, everything is easy... if anything, take a family member/friend/significant other with you on that first visit. That's what I did and it helped me. Good luck!;)

thank for the response your rite 100%. I am going over and over what the outcome of my first appiontment would be. Since I don't really have good oral hygiene. I'm going on a nervous train wreck what if I start to cry and imbaress my self in front of everyone in the office???? since I had a really bad experience at a dentist office in the second where the nos whore off a lil and I noticed them doing the procedure it was hell!!! And as for that my uncle is going with me he loves the dentist chair Idk how? He gets cleanings who no numer?

Back