M
Mike2
Junior member
- Joined
- Feb 6, 2007
- Messages
- 18
Hi everyone,
I wrote about my deep cleanings that were being done and how scared and worried I was about it. Needles to say I got through it as I wrote and have talked to a few other people as well to help them through which I think is great. The only think now is my teeth are really sensitive on the bottom in the front where I had the most plaque covering them. I use sensodine but it is not helping. Even when I breath in sometimes the air bothers me. Do I need more time to recover. I had the procedure done in early February?
This board has helped me through so much and I yet again I need the support of many.
I have an appointment on Friday 3/30/07. My front top tooth has a large whole that goes to the gumline. I can't believe I have no pain but I am not complaining. I know I need to get this done so I am going to go and tough it out again. Best to go when Ihave no pain than to be knocking the dentists door down in pain.
Anyway, my dentist told me that she will clean it out and hopefully she will not expose the nerve or it will be a root canal![Scared [smiley=scared.gif] [smiley=scared.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/scared.gif)
I am really scared about this procedure. I have never been drilled before so I do not know what to expect which is really a killer. The best case scenerio is she drills and cleans all of the decay out and fills it and that it. About 15 years a go I chiped/cracked this tooth as well so it has a slant to it.
My fear is this.....When she drills will the tooth crack and fall apart and have to be pulled right then and there?![Scared [smiley=scared.gif] [smiley=scared.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/scared.gif)
If she exposes the nerve will we know when she does that because it is really going to hurt?![Scared [smiley=frightened.gif] [smiley=frightened.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/scared.gif)
I have some decay next to that tooth as well but it should be nothing more than a small cavity to fill she said. I also have 3 fillings that she said she would like to do as well which where revealed after the deep cleaning. Lastly, I have a wisom tooth that needs to be taken out because it is decayed down to the gumline but I am not even going to think about that now. That will be the last thing I do after everything else.
This possible root canal is really scaring me. I was really proud to get thorugh the deep cleaning and I have overcome some of my fear of going to the dentist. You have all helped me and I thank you for that. However, I can't help but to worry and I am really nervous. I never went through this before so I would really, really apreciate anyone's insight on what could happen and what I am going to go through. At least if I have an idea it will make it a bit easier.....The fear of the unknown is frightening...![Ashamed [smiley=ashamed.gif] [smiley=ashamed.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/ashamed.gif)
When I had my deep cleaning I numbed up pretty well. However, there were 2 needles that were given above my top 2 front teeth that were pretty painful but I got through it. Lasted for about 5 seconds each needle. Will I ge those again? hopefully she will numb me up really good so I don't feel anything. I am going to take 600 MG Ibuprofin about an hour or so before.
Thanks in advance for all of your help. I know I can get through this. I just need to get to friday night and get this over so it will keep my confidence up for future visits. I can't wait to smil again without worrying people see the whole in my tooth. I am really embarrased. Thanks again and please be as blunt as possible. I really need to know what is going to happen so I can be prepared. Thanks!![Hiding behind the sofa [smiley=hiding.gif] [smiley=hiding.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/hiding.gif)
I wrote about my deep cleanings that were being done and how scared and worried I was about it. Needles to say I got through it as I wrote and have talked to a few other people as well to help them through which I think is great. The only think now is my teeth are really sensitive on the bottom in the front where I had the most plaque covering them. I use sensodine but it is not helping. Even when I breath in sometimes the air bothers me. Do I need more time to recover. I had the procedure done in early February?
This board has helped me through so much and I yet again I need the support of many.
I have an appointment on Friday 3/30/07. My front top tooth has a large whole that goes to the gumline. I can't believe I have no pain but I am not complaining. I know I need to get this done so I am going to go and tough it out again. Best to go when Ihave no pain than to be knocking the dentists door down in pain.
Anyway, my dentist told me that she will clean it out and hopefully she will not expose the nerve or it will be a root canal
![Scared [smiley=scared.gif] [smiley=scared.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/scared.gif)
I am really scared about this procedure. I have never been drilled before so I do not know what to expect which is really a killer. The best case scenerio is she drills and cleans all of the decay out and fills it and that it. About 15 years a go I chiped/cracked this tooth as well so it has a slant to it.
My fear is this.....When she drills will the tooth crack and fall apart and have to be pulled right then and there?
![Scared [smiley=scared.gif] [smiley=scared.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/scared.gif)
If she exposes the nerve will we know when she does that because it is really going to hurt?
![Scared [smiley=frightened.gif] [smiley=frightened.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/scared.gif)
I have some decay next to that tooth as well but it should be nothing more than a small cavity to fill she said. I also have 3 fillings that she said she would like to do as well which where revealed after the deep cleaning. Lastly, I have a wisom tooth that needs to be taken out because it is decayed down to the gumline but I am not even going to think about that now. That will be the last thing I do after everything else.
This possible root canal is really scaring me. I was really proud to get thorugh the deep cleaning and I have overcome some of my fear of going to the dentist. You have all helped me and I thank you for that. However, I can't help but to worry and I am really nervous. I never went through this before so I would really, really apreciate anyone's insight on what could happen and what I am going to go through. At least if I have an idea it will make it a bit easier.....The fear of the unknown is frightening...
![Ashamed [smiley=ashamed.gif] [smiley=ashamed.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/ashamed.gif)
When I had my deep cleaning I numbed up pretty well. However, there were 2 needles that were given above my top 2 front teeth that were pretty painful but I got through it. Lasted for about 5 seconds each needle. Will I ge those again? hopefully she will numb me up really good so I don't feel anything. I am going to take 600 MG Ibuprofin about an hour or so before.
Thanks in advance for all of your help. I know I can get through this. I just need to get to friday night and get this over so it will keep my confidence up for future visits. I can't wait to smil again without worrying people see the whole in my tooth. I am really embarrased. Thanks again and please be as blunt as possible. I really need to know what is going to happen so I can be prepared. Thanks!
![Hiding behind the sofa [smiley=hiding.gif] [smiley=hiding.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/hiding.gif)