• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

hi there i have noticed a hard lump at the back of my gum where there is no tooth at the back

L

lesley1957

hi there i have noticed a hard lump at the back of my gum where there is no tooth at the back

hi there i have noticed a hard lump at the back of my mouth on the lower gum at the back where there are no teeth...i also have a smaller one on the other side...can you advise me if this is normal please...i have heard of something called mandibular tory could this be it..would be grateful for advice thanks

Re: hi there i have noticed a hard lump at the back of my gum where there is no tooth at the back

hi there i have noticed a hard lump at the back of my mouth on the lower gum at the back where there are no teeth...i also have a smaller one on the other side...can you advise me if this is normal please...i have heard of something called mandibular tory could this be it..would be grateful for advice thanks

wow I learn something new today. never knew about mandibular tory. I did a little reading, it seems like its not a big concern if it doesn't bother you.:)

Re: hi there i have noticed a hard lump at the back of my gum where there is no tooth at the back

Hi,

If you had for many many years and it has not changed over time, most probably it is a tory. If it is a new thing you notice in your mouth, I suggest you get it checked.

thank you for your replies especially Dr Daniel ....realised its in the wrong place to be a tory its at the back of my gum on my gum at the bottom so i will go and get it checked ...so grateful for your speedy reply....many thanks

Back