• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How many times

  • Thread starter Thread starter newbieindeatalfear
  • Start date Start date
N

newbieindeatalfear

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2016
Messages
147
How many times do you visit your dentist. Don't be shy just be honest.
What is your biggest fear at dentist

Who helps you family member or spouse
 
zGosh I've had like 6-7 procdures one but I've gone more like 10 times.

my biggest fear is getting bad news, pain, and feeling like I can't breathe.

My boyfriend and a stuffed animal go to all my appointments with me. My mom had to go with me to the first one though.
 
I go all the time, however I still have fear about dentist, which are

having a stranger look in my mouth (even though I know the dentist and her assistant by now) I still fear nervous

Being judge (my dentist knows I get scared, so she does not pass negative comments) she does not leave any problems if I need any work doing

Dentist slipping. Their find it weird I knocked on the door even though the assistant takes us to the room (I do it to be polite and also to make sure one of dentists is not stood behind the door)
 
Hi.

Recently I've visited my dentist once every 1-2 weeks for the last 7 weeks or so. I'm in the process of getting a lot of major work done. My dentist is very patient, takes things at my pace and he's very gentle.

My biggest fear at dentist is the drill. It used to also be the dentist not stopping when I need them to, but I trust my new dentist now, Dr. C. and he knows of my issue with this. I have had to use a stop signal with him a couple of times and he does stop right away when I need him to.

No one goes with me to the dentist. I take my stuffed teddy bear and a stress ball with me, but no family or friends. I'd be to embarrassed to take someone.

JJ
 
if you mean how many times have I ever been in my entire life I have no idea.

the longest I have gone without seeing a dentist is 15 years.

the most I have ever gone is to 47 appointments in 1 year
 
Back
Top